• be there or be square 俚語,用來鼓勵某人參加活動的幽默短語,表明如果不赴約就是無趣的人

    square:無趣的、古板的、乏味的
    e.g. There’s a huge party on Friday night, be there or be square.
    星期五晚上有一個大型的聚會,大家不見不善。

    • see you there / then 不見不散;到時候見 (當你約好見面後,你可以用see you there/then來結束對話)

    e.g. We’ll pick you up at your place. See you there! 我們去你家裡接你。不見不散!

    • stand sb up 放鴿子;爽約

    get stood up by sb:被某人放了鴿子
    e.g. I can’t believe it. She stood me up again! 真不敢相信,她又放我鴿子。
    I got stood up by She. 我被她放了鴿子。

    • blow sd off 放某人鴿子;拒絕某人

    e.g. I planned to go shopping with Xiaojiang, but she blow me off.
    我原本打算跟小醬一起去逛街的,但是她放了我鴿子。

    • no-show 爽約的人,放鴿子的人

    e.g. Don’t be a no-show. We’re all expecting you to come. 可不要爽約,我們都盼著你來。